The team timesheet provides team leads and project managers with a quick overview of the time that is logged by and planned for team members on different projects. On the team timesheet, team leads and other users with Approve Timesheets permission can approve timesheets and plan time for team members.
Team timesheet, with the list of projects expanded for two team members (click to enlarge)
Accessing the team timesheet
- Browse Team permission
- Approve Timesheet permission (if you want to view all work that was logged by team members)
- Tempo Project Managers role (if you want to view all work that was logged by team members)
- On the top menu bar, click Tempo > Timesheets.
- In the upper-right corner, click User Timesheet.
- In the upper-left corner, click User > Team.
Viewing the timesheet of a different team
- In the upper-left corner of the team timesheet, click the name of the currently displayed team. (In the below example, the name of the team is 'Custom Web Development.')
- From the list, select the name of the team that you want to view.
Expanding a team member's information
By default, the team timesheet displays one row for each team member. If the row contains logged time or planned time, you can expand the information of the team member to view the logged or planned time that corresponds to different JIRA projects, versions, or components.
To expand the information of a team member, click the team member's name.
You can expand the information for all team members by clicking the Expand iconabove the list of team members.
Reading the initial information columns
|Stands for||Approval status||Planned hours||Percentage of working hours logged||Billed hours||Logged hours|
The approval status of the user timesheet.
|The total number of planned hours in the row, in the displayed time period.||The percentage of the team member's required working hours that are logged, for the displayed time period.|
The total number of billed hours in the row, in the displayed time period.
|The total number of logged hours in the row, in the displayed time period.|
The approval status column is displayed if both of the following conditions are met:
The Billed column is displayed if one or both of the following conditions are met:
Reading the 'total' rows
|Daily hours total||Refers to logged hours|
|Weekly hours total||Refers to logged hours|
|Planned hours total||Refers to daily planned hours|
|Worked||All logged hours for the displayed period that are before or on today's date||All logged hours for the displayed period|
All planned hours for the displayed period that are before or on today's date
|All planned hours for the displayed period|
|Required||The team's required working hours for the displayed period that are before or on today's date||The team's required working hours for the displayed period|
Planning time for team members
The team timesheet shows logged time. If one or both of the following conditions are met, the timesheet also shows planned time:
- Users have permission to plan time
- Time planning is enabled
Planned time is indicated by colored bars in the timesheet cells.
Viewing a team member's timesheet
To view the user timesheet of a team member, complete the following steps:
- Hover over the team member's row. A cogwheel icon is displayed beside the sigma (Σ) column.
- Click the cogwheel, and select View Timesheet from the list.
Alternatively, multiple timesheets can be quickly approved on the Timesheet approvals report. To display the Timesheet approvals report, click Approvals on the second menu bar from the top.
Viewing user preferences
To view(workload scheme, holiday scheme, supervisor, email notification) for a team member, click the cogwheel in the team member's row, and select User Preferences from the list.
Granting a grace period for timesheet completion
If theis , team leads and other users with Approve Timesheet permission can grant a to team members to complete their timesheets.
To grant a grace period to a team member, complete the following steps:
- Click the cogwheel in the team member's row, and select Grace Period from the list.
- Fill in the requested information in the Grace Period window, and click Add Grace Period.